Shale gas resources are found in sedimentary formations in about 30 U.S. states and around the world. The Marcellus Shale in the Appalachian Basin, spanning Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, today produces the most gas from shale, followed by the Haynesville Shale, which straddles Texas and Louisiana.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?