Shale gas has provided a windfall for the United States, bulking up supplies and reducing consumer prices for natural gas. It now provides around 25% of overall U.S. energy, which is a global security buffer as the country no longer needs to rely on imports. In addition, it generates around one-quarter of the nation’s electricity.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?