Natural gas production emits fewer pollutants and greenhouse gases than oil and coal. Shale gas producers increasingly are using electric pumps instead of diesel to hydraulically fracture wells. Some fluids used in fracturing also are recycled and reused.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?