Shale gas and shale oil are exactly the same as conventional gas and oil. Natural gas is composed mostly of methane, and less is required during the processing. Crude oil requires extensive refining before it is used. Note, that shale oil is not the same as “oil shale,” aka oilsands, which is mined in Canada.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?