The U.S. Geological Survey estimates the Marcellus contains about 84 Tcf of undiscovered, technically recoverable natural gas. Undiscovered resources are estimated using geologic knowledge, while technically recoverable resources may be produced using currently available technology. Improvements in drilling techniques are likely to increase the potential gas resources.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?