Shale gas is natural gas. Shale gas is pulled from sedimentary rocks, formations like the Permian Basin that are millions of years old. “Shale gas” has become a ubiquitous term for Lower 48 production, but gas (and oil) deposits are found in shale, limestone, sand, chalk, clay and other types of tight rock formations.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?