This is a tricky question because as drilling technologies improve, so does the amount of technically recoverable resources. In its biennial report in 2019, the Potential Gas Committee said recoverable U.S. gas from “traditional” resources, which include shale, conventional, tight sand and carbonate, jumped from 2016 by 21% to 3,218 Tcf.
Questions about Shale Natural Gas
- What is shale gas?
- How much shale gas is in the US?
- Where does shale gas come from?
- What is a shale play?
- How much gas is in the Marcellus shale?
- How is shale gas used?
- How is shale gas different from natural gas?
- What is the difference between shale gas and shale oil?
- Which country is the largest producer of shale gas?
- Is shale gas clean?