Midland, TX-based Clayton Williams Energy Inc. will acquire morethan 65 Bcf of gas equivalent reserves in east Texas from SonatExploration Co. The company executed a purchase and sale agreementwith Sonat to acquire the assets for about $46.5 million. Thetransaction is effective April 1. The assets are concentrated inthree east Texas fields and consist mainly of long-life gasreserves with significant potential for behind-pipe re-completionsand developmental drilling. Clayton Williams will assume operationson substantially all of the acquired properties at closing,expected to occur by Nov. 20.
Clayton Williams plans to retain 10% of the acquired assets forits own account, and has entered into a limited partnershipagreement with an affiliate of General Electric Capital Corp. toacquire the remaining 90%.
©Copyright 1998 Intelligence Press Inc. All rights reserved. Thepreceding news report may not be republished or redistributed, inwhole or in part, in any form, without prior written consent ofIntelligence Press,Inc.
© 2021 Natural Gas Intelligence. All rights reserved.
ISSN © 1532-1231 | ISSN © 2577-9877 |