Russia does not release much public information, but it is considered to have some of the largest proven natural gas reserves in the world. BP plc has estimated it has around 33 trillion cubic meters (tcm), while OPEC puts the amount at closer to 49 tcm. Russia also has large volumes of undiscovered natural gas deposits, which the U.S. Geological Survey has estimated at 6.7 tcm.
Questions about European & Asian Natural Gas
- What is the natural gas price in Russia?
- How much of Europe’s gas comes from Russia?
- How much does Russia make from natural gas?
- Why does Russia have so much natural gas?
- Is Russia the largest producer of natural gas?
- Where does Russia get its natural gas?
- Does the UK rely on Russian gas?
- Who does Russia export gas to?
- Which countries depend on Russian gas?
- Does Ukraine produce oil and gas?