A portion of Williams Cos.’ Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line system in Montgomery County, TX, near Houston exploded on Wednesday, but the fire, which caused no injuries, burned itself out after about four hours.
According to a Williams spokesman, the fire occurred when gas that was being vented from the 30-inch pipe accidentally ignited. Williams had halted gas flows on the 10-mile segment of the pipe before the planned venting. The company did not know late Wednesday whether the explosion had damaged the pipe.
The South Montgomery County Fire Department said the fire, which burned several vehicles, occurred near Spring, TX. A fire department spokesman said the accident was under investigation.
©Copyright 2005Intelligence Press Inc. All rights reserved. The preceding news reportmay not be republished or redistributed, in whole or in part, in anyform, without prior written consent of Intelligence Press, Inc.
© 2020 Natural Gas Intelligence. All rights reserved.
ISSN © 1532-1231 | ISSN © 2577-9877 |