California regulators on Thursday continued to tinker with incentives for the state’s four largest private-sector energy utilities in the ongoing multi-million-dollar statewide energy efficiency program. The latest action sets aside incentive changes theCalifornia Public Utilities Commission(CPUC) made at the end of 2012 when it was doling out $42 million in rewards for 2010 efficiency results (seeDaily GPI,Dec. 26, 2012). Under the new incentives established for the 2013-2014 efficiency programs, utilities will be able to earn incentives in four performance categories, with actual, verifiable energy savings holding 70% of the incentive potential. The remaining 30% will be divided among three other categories: constructive/collaborative efforts in the review process; effective state and federal advocacy for new codes that promote efficiency; and implementation of non-resource programs. The CPUC said the new mechanism supersedes the risk/reward incentive mechanism approved in December.
Articles from Advocacy
Several natural gas advocacy organizations are urging the federal government to extend the proposed economic incentive program for electric vehicles (EV) to include natural gas vehicles (NGV) and other alternative fuel vehicles.
A pro-energy advocacy group said it backs the decision by House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) to consider separately the natural resources/energy provisions and surface transportation component of the five-year, $260 billion American Energy and Infrastructure Act.
As several natural gas advocacy organizations urge the federal government to extend proposed economic incentives for electric vehicles (EV) to natural gas vehicles (NGV) and other alternative fuel transportation, one gas supporter believes the incentive disparity exists because the shale gas revolution came three years too late.
Several natural gas advocacy organizations are urging the federal government to extend the proposed economic incentive program for electric vehicles (EVs) to include natural gas vehicles (NGVs) and other alternative fuel vehicles.
A progressive political advocacy group said the government of British Columbia (BC) should cap annual natural gas production and end subsidies to the industry over fears that it is expanding too rapidly at the expense of air, water and power resources.
Two separate bills calling for a comprehensive study of hydraulic fracturing (hydrofracking) in North Carolina — a state where the practice is currently illegal — are expected to be sent to Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue this week.
A pair of water advocacy groups claim that two Pittsburgh-area treatment plants have been discharging oil and gas wastewater without proper permits.