- DAILY GPI
- MEXICO GPI
- MEXICO GPI HOME
- Request Trial: NGI's Mexico Gas Price Index
- Learn More / Subscribe: Mexico Gas Price Index
- User Manual - Capturing the Fundamentals of a Deregulating Market (pdf)
- Accessing your Subscription
- Regulación (Regulatory)
- Mercados (Markets)
- Infraestructura (Infrastructure)
- Producción (Production)
- Historical DOE U.S./MX Border Prices
- SHALE DAILY
- NGI ALL NEWS ACCESS
- NGI MIDDAY PRICE ALERT
- NGI FORWARD LOOK
- NGI WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
- NGI BIDWEEK ALERT
- NGI BIDWEEK SURVEY
- NGI WEEKLY GPI
- Publishing Calendar (Updated 10/25/2018)
- NGI Client Support & User Guides
- Subscriber Notice: Nov-Dec Index Changes
- NGI's MidDay Price Alert
- Price Data "Learn More"
- Gas Price "Snapshots"
- >Forward Basis Prices
- >Daily Prices
- >Weekly Prices
- >Bidweek Prices
- Bidweek Alert Data
- Shale Gas Prices (subscriber-only)
- NGI Client Support & User Guides
- NGI Price Index Methodology (pdf)
- NGI Shale Price Index Methodology (pdf)
- NGI's MGPI - Capturing the Fundamentals in a Deregulating Market
- NGI Datafeed Spec and Automation (pdf)
- NGI Channel Partners
Navigating LNG Through A Choppy World Trade Sea
Through A Choppy
World Trade Sea
A Special Report By NGI
The United States is on track to becoming one of the largest exporters of liquefied natural gas thanks to surging production in a post-shale era. But some of the hungriest markets for the super-chilled fuel currently lack the critical infrastructure needed to support growing demand, and a tit-for-tat tariff exchange between the United States and China has some industry experts concerned about future U.S. export development.
NGI’s 24-page Special Report examines the growth of U.S. LNG exports and its implications on pricing, infrastructure, transportation and policy across the globe.
How will LNG be priced and where will transactions take place? Will China, India and others make the large infrastructure investments needed to support their aggressive plans to use more natural gas? Will the tariff situation between the United States and China, as well as with some U.S. allies, threaten future LNG export development? Find out in Navigating LNG Through A Choppy World Trade Sea.
“I don't really think that the indexation to oil is going to last much longer”
—Tellurian Chairman Charif Souki
"U.S. projects, I love them, but if you expect buyers to underwrite them, essentially with $1, $2, $3 billion investments...it's not going to happen...the contracts are not that good...they are very complex"
—Pavilion Energy Group CEO Frederic Barnaud
“This is one commodity that is logistically so complicated that traditional execution on screen doesn’t work.” —Ajay Batra, CEO, Redwood Markets
“These are the largest LNG markets in the world, and also happen to be tied to about 90% of the U.S. trade deficit.” —Matthew Schatzman, CEO, NextDecade Corp.
This NGI Special Report Includes:
- Industry expert opinions on the potential evolution of global LNG pricing
- The push by LNG buyers for greater flexibility in contracts and how that could shape future price benchmarks
- An in-depth examination of the countries with the fastest-growing LNG demand and their investment plans to accommodate growth
- The Panama Canal’s plans to meet increased traffic from larger LNG vessels
- A look at the various tariffs enacted by the United States on foreign goods from China as well as allies including Mexico and Canada
Referenced in the Report:
Adani Group | Alaska Gasline Development Corp. | Anadarko Petroleum | Atlantic Gulf & Pacific | Australia Pacific LNG | Baker Botts LLP. | Boston Consulting Group | BP plc. | Cheniere Energy | China National Offshore Oil Corp. (CNOOC) | China Petrochemical Corp. (Sinopec) | Chongqing Oil and Gas Exchange | ConocoPhillips | CME Group | Columbia School of International and Public Affairs | Cove Point LNG | Dominion Energy | ExxonMobil | ENN Group | Gazprom | Global LNG Exchange (GLX) | IHS Markit | Indian Oil Corp. (IOCC) | Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) | International Gas Union | Japan Ministry of Finance | Jordan Cove LNG | LNG Canada | Mitsubishi | NextDecade Corp. | OAO Rosneft | Osaka Gas Co. | Panama Canal Authority | Pavilion Energy Group | PetroChina International Co. | Petronas LNG | Petronet LNG | Polish Oil & Gas Co. | Redwood Markets | Royal Dutch Shell | Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. | Singapore Exchange (SGX) | Snam SpA | Societe Generale | Tellurian Inc. | U.S. Center for LNG | U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission | Venture Global LNG | Wood Mackenzie | Woodside Energy Ltd.