While there are efforts to eventually phase out the use of natural gas, most experts are of the opinion this would likely not happen until 2040, at the earliest. This is because renewable sources of energy are intermittent, and a reliable, baseload form of energy like natural gas is needed until other technologies are developed to ensure energy can be supplied whenever needed.
Questions about Natural Gas
- What is natural gas and how is it used?
- How is natural gas priced?
- Why is natural gas priced differently from other fossil fuels?
- Why is the price of natural gas higher or lower in different parts of the country?
- Is natural gas renewable?
- Where do operators drill for natural gas?
- Are we running out of natural gas?
- Why are natural gas prices rising?
- What affects the price of natural gas?
- Where does natural gas come from?
- How do you find natural gas?
- What are the advantages of using natural gas?
- What are the disadvantages of using natural gas?
- Is natural gas going to be phased out?
- How do you store natural gas?