As of March 2022,, Europe received about 45% of its natural gas via Russian pipelines. However, the European Commission recently announced a plan to reduce demand by two-thirds by the end of 2022. The goal is to end dependence on Russia’s gas by 2030. The proposal calls for increasing liquefied natural gas imports by 50 billion cubic meters in 2022.
Questions about European & Asian Natural Gas
- What is the natural gas price in Russia?
- How much of Europe’s gas comes from Russia?
- How much does Russia make from natural gas?
- Why does Russia have so much natural gas?
- Is Russia the largest producer of natural gas?
- Where does Russia get its natural gas?
- Does the UK rely on Russian gas?
- Who does Russia export gas to?
- Which countries depend on Russian gas?
- Does Ukraine produce oil and gas?