Because the price of natural gas is set by global markets, the value of Russia’s gas varies. However, Russia exported natural gas supplies in 2021 that based on prices at the time, brought in an estimated $55.5 billion. The value was more than doubled than in 2020, according to estimates. Gazprom, the leading Russian gas company, which is co-owned by the state, has a monopoly on the country’s export market, which limits domestic competitors. Gazprom is estimated to account for at least 5% of Russia’s gross domestic product.
Questions about European & Asian Natural Gas
- How much Oil & Gas does Russia Export?
- Does Russia have natural gas?
- Is Europe dependent on Russian gas?
- Does Russia supply Ukraine with natural gas?
- What is the natural gas price in Russia?
- How much of Europe’s gas comes from Russia?
- How much does Russia make from natural gas?
- Why does Russia have so much natural gas?
- Is Russia the largest producer of natural gas?
- Where does Russia get its natural gas?
- Does the UK rely on Russian gas?
- Who does Russia export gas to?
- Which countries depend on Russian gas?
- Does Ukraine produce oil and gas?
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
- Back to Natural Gas Glossary
- Explore: Natural Gas Questions
- Chat with NGI (EST business hours)
- Email NGI: email@example.com