Wholesale natural gas prices are based at a particular location, over a specific period of time. Pricing locations often are delivery points on an interstate or intrastate natural gas pipeline. Some are delivered to a citygate location that is farther downstream along a pipeline system. For a detailed description of how NGI calculates its price indexes, please read through our published methodology.
Questions about Natural Gas Prices
- How are natural gas prices quoted?
- Does fracking lower natural gas prices?
- How low can natural gas prices go?
- Are natural gas prices regulated?
- How do you compare natural gas prices?
- What is a good price for natural gas?
- Why is the Henry Hub important in relation to natural gas prices?
- What is the natural gas price forecast?
- What is the unit for natural gas price?
- When are natural gas prices lowest?