Daily GPI / NGI All News Access

Industry Briefs

Cameron LNG LLC has asked the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to begin its pre-filing review of the proposed expansion of liquefaction facilities at the Cameron LNG terminal near Hackberry, LA. The Cameron expansion includes the addition of liquefaction trains four and five as well as the addition of a fifth liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank. It would increase LNG production capacity to about 24.92 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) from 14.95 mtpa from the first three trains alone. Cameron said it would file its formal application for the expansion in August, seeking authorization by April 2016 for a construction start in May 2016 and completion of the project in 2019. Parent company Sempra Energy broke ground for the Cameron liquefaction project last fall, just weeks after receiving final authorization from the U.S. Department of Energy that cleared the way for it to export up to 1.7 Bcf/d of domestically produced LNG to non-free trade agreement (FTA) countries (see Daily GPIOct. 24, 2014Sept. 10, 2014).

Enterprise Products Partners is taking on partners in its expanding Panola Pipeline, which transports natural gas liquids (NGL) from Carthage, TX, to Mont Belvieu, TX. Anadarko Petroleum Corp., DCP Midstream Partners LP and MarkWest Energy Partners LP have formed of a joint venture with Enterprise and will have a combined 45% ownership interest in Panola Pipeline Co. LLC. The interest will be evenly divided among Anadarko affiliate WGR Asset Holding Co. LLC (WGR), DCP Midstream and MarkWest. Enterprise will remain operator and own the remaining 55%. Enterprise plans to install 60 miles of new pipeline, pumps and other associated equipment as part of an expansion designed to increase capacity by 50,000 b/d in the first quarter of 2016 (see Daily GPIJan. 22).

Copyright ©2018 Natural Gas Intelligence - All Rights Reserved.
ISSN © 2577-9877 | ISSN © 1532-1231

Recent Articles by NGI Staff Reports

Comments powered by Disqus