Daily GPI / NGI All News Access

Industry Brief

Noble Energy Inc. said an exploratory well drilled in the offshore Gulf of Mexico did not encounter commercial hydrocarbons. The company said the Madison well, which targeted the Upper and Middle Miocene formations, was drilled to a total depth of 16,859 feet from Mississippi Canyon Block 479. The well has since been plugged and abandoned, and the drilling rig released. Noble operated the well and had a 60% working interest (WI), while Stone Energy Offshore LLC held the remaining 40% WI.

Copyright ©2018 Natural Gas Intelligence - All Rights Reserved.
ISSN © 2577-9877 | ISSN © 1532-1231

Recent Articles by NGI Staff Reports

Comments powered by Disqus