Infrastructure / Bakken Shale / Shale Daily / Rockies/Other / NGI All News Access

Supplemental Open Season Launched For 'Bakken Pipeline'

Dakota Access LLC and Energy Transfer Crude Oil Co. LLC (ETCO) are holding a binding supplemental open season for their respective pipeline systems, seeking commitments from shippers for transportation service to bring production in the Bakken Shale and Three Forks formation to market.

The pipeline companies said the supplemental open season began at 12:00 p.m. CDT on Aug. 12. Dakota Access and ETCO said they each anticipate any incremental transport capacity for production in the Bakken "will be determined based on committed subscriptions made by shippers during the supplemental open season."

Shippers interested in receiving copies of the open season documents must sign a confidentiality agreement. For information, email dlda_etco@energytransfer.com.

The supplemental open season includes local tariff service on the Dakota Access pipeline from the Bakken to Patoka, IL. It also provides interested parties with the opportunity for joint tariff service from the Bakken to Nederland, TX, through a commitment to both the Dakota Access and ETCO pipeline systems, which the companies have collectively dubbed the "Bakken Pipeline."

Through wholly-owned subsidiaries, Bakken Holdings Co. LLC owns a 75% interest in both Dakota Access and ETCO, the companies responsible for developing, owning and operating the Bakken Pipeline. The remaining 25% stake in both companies is owned by wholly-owned subsidiaries of Phillips 66. Meanwhile, Bakken Holdings is 60% owned by a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners LP and 40% by a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sunoco Logistics Partners LP.

Recent Articles by Charlie Passut

Comments powered by Disqus