- DAILY GPI
- SHALE DAILY
- NGI's MidDay Price Alert
- Price Data "Learn More"
- Gas Price "Snapshots"
- >Forward Basis Prices
- >Daily Prices
- >Weekly Prices
- >Bidweek Prices
- Bidweek Alert Data
- Shale Gas Prices (subscriber-only)
- NGI Price Index Methodology (pdf)
- NGI Shale Price Index Methodology (pdf)
- NGI Datafeed Spec and Automation
- *New* March 2017 Price Table Notice
4Q16 U.S. Oil & Gas Earnings: Research and Analysis | 200+ Hours of Earnings Calls | 40+ Pages of Analysis
Quarterly earnings calls are a great source of industry information, particularly during the question & answer sessions, when analysts help breathe life into stale earnings press releases by asking questions that many times force managers to go off-script. They are also excellent ways to check on the competition, and to "channel check" by seeing how different parts of the value chain are performing, such as oilfield service, E&P, and midstream companies.
A typical earnings call lasts an hour. Unless it's your business to listen to these calls, who has the time to review them all?
NGI does. Our research department is lead by a former Wall St. analyst, who simply must have the pulse of everything going on in the industry at all times. We create these analytical, concise and to the point reports every single quarter of every single year for our internal sales and journalistic arms. We've never made them publicly available - until now.
In this 4Q2016 Earnings Analysis, learn:
* Analysts, consultants, investment banks, and even the U.S. government have predictions on what U.S. E&P companies will do in 2017, but what are the producers themselves saying they will do this year? We rolled up capital expenditure and crude oil, NGL, and natural gas production guidance from more than 60 companies to find out.
* How do current WTI and Henry Hub consensus price forecasts compare versus NYMEX through 2020?
* Oil service prices are finally rebounding, but how high might they go?
* The Permian Basin is the fastest growing basin in the U.S. (and perhaps all the world), but what concerns Permian players the most? You may be surprised.
* Who may lead the offshore market out of its malaise?
* Updates on Appalachia natural gas takeaway capacity, including a creative solution to move Marcellus & Utica production into New England.
* President Trump’s early actions woo the energy industry, but questions remain.
* Roundups on the Permian, Marcellus, Haynesville, Bakken, SCOOP/STACK and other plays
* North American LNG exports are ramping up - Where and When?
* Plus much, much more.
So there you have it: We've assimilated, distilled, and perhaps even made sense of the major takeaways from nearly 100 earnings calls (and more than 200 hours of work) into a straightforward, easily-digested 41-page report.
Companies we covered to produce this report:
Apache Corporation (APA) | Boardwalk Pipeline Partners (BWP) | Chesapeake Energy (CHK) | ConocoPhillips (COP) | Devon Energy (DVN) | Enbridge (ENB) | Encana Corporation (ECA) | EQT Corporation (EQT) | Halliburton (HAL) | Helmerich & Payne (HP) | Kinder Morgan (KMI) | Marathon Oil (MRO) | Newfield Exploration (NFX) | ONEOK Partners (OKS) | Pioneer Resources (PXD) | Range Resources (RRC) | Range Resources (RRC) | Rice Energy (RICE) | Schlumberger (SLB) | Sempra Energy (SRE) | Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP) | Williams Companies (WMB)